PRESENTATION AND AIMS OF THE DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN ANTHROPOLOGY
The main aim of the doctorate is to produce doctors for high quality and advanced research. To this end, the general aims of the course are the following:
- To incorporate the doctoral students into a research group.
- To provide students with intensive specialization in different aspects of the lines of research defined in the programme.
- To encourage students to use their initiative to undertake research projects using the methodology and the scientific principles of the discipline and the particular line of research.
- To provide students with general skills related to the capacity to work individually and in teams, participation in research projects, management of bibliographic databases, etc.
- To write a doctoral thesis.
The specific objectives are related to the above points in the two main specialities of the doctorate: Medical Anthropology and International Health, and Urban Anthropology.